No one wants to carry a phone that has multiple scratches or broken screens as this not only affects the look of the gadget but also decreases its resale value. And, to stay away from such situations, all of us apply a good screen protector on it. But, while doing this as well we encounter some tiny air gaps or stubborn bubbles inside which really frustrates everyone. The problem is not limited to emotional harm as it also decreases the screen’s proper touch functionality and vision. So, to bail you from this problem, we decided to make a complete guide answering “how to get bubbles out of screen protector” which will let you know about all the important aspects of this topic. Without any further delay, let’s begin reading!
Table of Contents
Reasons for bubbles in the screen protector
Getting bubbles inside the phone’s screen guard is really very disturbing and there are a lot of things that may cause it. Knowing about the multiple reasons can help you be attentive and avoid them so that you never go through any similar issues ever again. To know about the possibilities, read the below-shared points!
1. Trapping of air: One of the most common reasons behind the formation of bubbles is the stuck or trapping of air between the protector and the screen. It often occurs due to the improper alignment of the screen guard on the phone. Removing such bubbles is also very difficult and may need a completely new screen protector to fix it.
2. Presence of dirt: If you have not cleaned your screen before applying the protector then also you may encounter bubbles. This happens because of the dust particles that stay stuck there and disturb the adhesiveness by being an obstruction.
3. Use of cheap screen protector: Using local or low-quality screen guards on your phone can also result in leaving bubbles as they lack adhesive properties. Not only this but the wrong size of the protector as per your phone’s model can also lead to the same issue.
4. Unprofessional application: Those individuals who are experts in screen protector applications know everything about the required techniques, amount of force, tools, and more which make sure to leave no bubbles there. But, if you are doing it on your own with no previous experience then you may work incorrectly and can end up with bubbles on your screen.
5. Atmospheric conditions: Your environment can also result in the formation of bubbles inside the screen guard. This is because they start losing their adhesive properties when there is a high temperature or increased humidity level in the atmosphere.
Things Required For Removing Bubbles
If you really want to remove bubbles from your screen protector then you need to have a few things or tools with you for effortless and professional procedure. To know about those things, read the below-shared list and make sure to keep them handy.
1. A squeegee: It looks like a card and has a soft sponge material pasted on one side which helps in putting a slight pressure on the screen protector that results in reduction of bubbles.
2. A microfiber cloth: A piece of cloth is also required to clean the dust particles before the application of a screen protector. Make sure that the selected microfiber cloth is lint-free and not so long.
3. Screen cleaning liquid: Oil or any type of residue on the screen also results in forming bubbles and to clean them a liquid made up of Isopropyl alcohol is a must to carry. These are easily available in any electronic shop and come in the form of wipes.
4. Detergent solution: There are wet-apply screen protectors also available in the market and if you are using them then you also need to keep a mild detergent solution with you to avoid bubble formation.
How To Get Bubbles Out Of Screen Protector?
Removing bubbles from the screen protector is very hustling and irritating. However, there are multiple ways through which you can remove them and make your phone look sleek again. To know about those methods, read the below-shared points and choose the best that works for you!
Method 1: Re-application of screen guard
There are a lot of screen protectors that can be re-applied several times without any compromise with their adhesion and if you are using one of those then you should try this way of removing bubbles. The steps for doing the same are mentioned below:
Step 1: First of all, take a thin card or a razor blade and slowly insert that underneath the screen protector from a corner to lift it up. While doing this, make sure to keep the card extremely horizontal while inserting and be gentle with the practice otherwise your screen guard may crack.
Step 2: Once done, take a clean microfiber cloth and wipe the screen from top to down ensuring that you leave no lint or dust particles there.
Step 3: After a couple of seconds, put a few drops of Isopropyl alcohol on the screen and wipe again to remove any kind of oil or residue. Furthermore, you can also use a strip of Scotch tape to clean any dust particles.
Step 4: Now, when you are done with screen cleaning, take your screen guard and position it over the phone. While doing this make sure, to handle the protector from the edges only otherwise your fingerprints will get printed there.
Step 5: Lastly, place the screen guard gently and it will automatically start adhering to the screen. At this stage, you have to start putting pressure on the center using a squeegee and releasing that to the edges of the screen protector. And, this is how you can get freedom from bubbles.
Method 2: Using oil on the edges
This is a unique yet effective way of removing edged or cornered bubbles from the screen protector in which you need to use olive oil, vegetable oil, or any other oil that is translucent in color. To know about the specific steps of trying this method, read the below-shared steps.
Step 1: First of all, take a cotton swab and dip that into vegetable oil. Make sure that your swab is not dripping with excessive oil and has only a touch of oil drops.
Step 2: Now, move that oil-soaked swab around those edges where there are bubbles. Doing this will result in the smoothening of air bubbles and will eliminate them by creating a seal. If you feel like oil is not going inside then you can also lift up the screen protector a bit.
Step 3: Once done, take a cloth and press out the edges with the required force to remove the excessive oil from there and you are done with removing bubbles from the screen protector.
Method 3: Using heat on the screen protector
One of the ways to remove bubbles from screen protectors is through heat application. This method basically loosens up the glue or adhesion of the screen guard and gives the chance to eliminate the bubble. The steps for trying this idea are mentioned below!
Step 1: First of all, take a blow dryer or heat gun, turn it on, and reset its heating level to low.
Step 2: After that, start moving the source of heat on the entire phone’s surface to ensure even heating. While doing this, make sure that you maintain a distance between the phone and the heater so that it does not harm your phone’s functionality.
Step 3: At last, when you feel that the screen guard’s glue has loosened up then take a microfiber cloth and calmly press all the bubbles out. You can repeat this until you get the desired results but make sure not to overheat otherwise your screen protector may also crack.
Tips for removing bubbles from screen protector
There are a few suggestions that you should follow and take care of to get better results while you are trying to eliminate the bubbles formed inside the screen protector. To know about them specifically, read the below-shared points!
- Make sure that your hands are clean and dry.
- Do not use any sharp object to lift up and squeeze the bubble.
- Take your time, do proper alignment of the screen protector, and then put that on the phone.
- Put pressure on one-sided bubbles first and then on another.
- Hold the screen protector from the edges.
1. How can I lift the screen protector?
If you have applied a screen protector on your phone and want to lift or remove that later then you can use tape, razorblade, card, or any other thin yet tough material whose usage will leave no marks and stamps or harm the quality of the screen.
2. Why is it important to apply a screen protector on a phone?
The application of screen protectors has many benefits which mainly include the sleek look of the phone, protection from scratches and screen damage, smooth screen touch functionality, better vision of the phone display, and also maintaining the resale value of the phone.
3. How To Get Bubbles Out Of Screen Protector?
For removing bubbles from the screen protector you can use various methods which mainly include the re-application of screen guard, use of oil swap on the edges, or using heat on the screen protector.
4. What are the required things to remove bubbles from the screen protector?
The most common things that you must keep handy while removing bubbles from your screen protector are a squeegee or card, a microfiber piece of cloth, an Isopropyl alcohol wipe, or tape.
5. What are the reasons behind the formation of bubbles in screen protectors?
The possible reasons for this are dust particles, oil residue, air trapping, unprofessional application, and cheap quality of screen guard.
Above we shared a brief guide answering “How To Get Bubbles Out Of Screen Protector ” along with its other aspects like reasons, methods, tools required, importance, and more which might have helped you in getting freedom from this issue in a more subtle, effortless, and quicker way.
Furthermore, if you have no confidence in yourself for doing this on your own and risking the screen protector then you should ask for the professional’s help as this issue can be resolved at any electronics’ shop within a minute only. Lastly, I hope that the page did justice to your expectations and gave you the answers to all your questions. But if you still have anything to ask or share then do let us know about the same in the comment box mentioned below. Till then, thank you for reading!
Preeti Jha is a young writer who loves reading, writing, and using words in the crispiest and clearest way possible. She has 3+ years of industry experience and holds a very good command over language and representation of content. She believes in hard work and dedication when it comes to winning any milestone or getting loyal readers. From reporting and anchoring to writing and radio jockeying, she has an interest in various fields of mass communication.