When it comes to combating aging and its telltale signs – wrinkles, sagging skin, fine lines – collagen is the holy grail, the universally-accepted secret to youthful skin. Collagen is responsible for keeping the firmness, suppleness, and tightness of the skin; however we have to live with the tragic truth that collagen production goes down 1.5% per year after the age of 29. It is rather unfortunate but good thing this is a benefit when you get an Ellansé treatment in Singapore. Ellansé is a collagen stimulating dermal filler that is intensely popular in Southeast Asia and Singapore these days. It is one of the most in-demand treatments in many aesthetic clinics, including Veritas Medical Aesthetics, for good reasons – it is highly-effective, safe, and more long-lasting than traditional fillers.
For more information about this innovative treatment, this article will focus on the following topics:
- What is Ellansé and how does it work?
- Benefit of Ellansé vs traditional fillers
- Where can I use Ellansé?
If you are interested in getting Ellansé, you should read on!
What is Ellansé and how does it work?
Ellansé is an injectable dermal filler that contains poly-caprolactone (PCL), a type of long-lasting, bioresorbable polymer that can stimulate collagen production in the skin and restore the skin to a more youthful state. Being bioresorbable means the body can absorb this type of polymer over time so you can be rest assured that it is effective and safe to use.
If you are wondering why everyone is always raving about collagen and new treatments that offer collagen stimulation/production, here is why: collagen functions as the scaffolding or support structures in the skin. As we age, the skin loses its natural collagen, which then results in the formation of folds and wrinkles. Ellansé triggers the body’s natural processes to produce its own collagen (called neocollagenesis). Collagen stimulators like Ellansé are widely accepted as the future of cosmetic fillers as they offer multiple benefits such as restoring skin volume, improving skin elasticity, and providing a subtle lift to the face. Although the skin will look plump and rejuvenated immediately after treatment, the stimulation process does not happen overnight – it occurs slowly and subtly over a period of two to three months after being injected into the skin, and the results can last somewhere from 1 to 4 years, depending on which Ellansé option is used. Aside from Ellansé, other popular collagen stimulators include Sculptra and Radiesse.
Benefit of Ellansé vs traditional fillers
When talking about dermal fillers, it is important to discuss the differences between Ellansé and traditional fillers. Ellansé uses PCL and a Carboxy-methylcellulose gel-carrier while the latter is composed of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is great at directly filling in a wrinkle or volume deficiency in a treated area, but Ellansé takes it a step further by stimulating the skin to produce its own collagen to minimize wrinkles and folds and address volume loss.
And if you want more value for money, Ellansé is the treatment for you. Ellansé is a cost-effective alternative to hyaluronic dermal fillers because its collagen-stimulation benefits can last up to 4 years. Unlike traditional fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, and Belotero fillers, Ellansé cannot be dissolved, maintains volume better over time, and provides better sculpting properties for the nose, chin, and forehead. It is therefore safe to start with only a small dose of Ellansé and if the amount is not enough, you can opt to inject more later on.
Lastly, since Ellansé is fully reabsorbed by the body after a specific longevity period (1 to 4 years), most of its side effects are injection-related, like soreness, bruising, and mild swelling. These are usually gone in a couple of hours or days.
Where can I use Ellansé?
Men and women of different age groups can use Ellansé. The most common facial areas that are treated with Ellansé are:
- Cheeks: The cheeks lose their volume and S-curve as aging takes its toll. In severe cases of cheek sagging, the nasolabial fold (laugh lines) becomes more prominent and adds years to a person’s face. Ellansé can be used to bring back the missing volume to the cheeks and give the face a more youthful appearance.
- Cheekbones: A well-defined cheekbone is covetable, but not if there is excessive hollowing beneath them! These hollows are also caused by a lack of volume and Ellansé can provide excellent correction to this defect. You can say goodbye to hollowed cheekbones and hello to sculpted cheekbones.
- Laugh lines: The deep, prominent lines at the sides of the mouth are referred to as nasolabial fold or laugh lines. These laugh lines, which as caused by volume loss and loss of skin elasticity, can make a person older. Skin sagging may need a skin tightening procedure like thread lift; for loss of volume, Ellansé is the answer.
- Chin: A V-shaped chin (with the delicately-pointed end and zero double chin in sight) makes the whole face look slimmer and Ellansé is one of the best options for this.
- Temples: Aging and excessive weight loss cause the temples to appear sunken, which in turn makes the face appear bony (not in a good, model-esque way) and aged. With Ellansé, it is possible to restore the fullness in the temple and create a more balanced, youthful facial contour.
If you have already decided on getting Ellansé, here are some reasons why you should choose Veritas Medical Aesthetics:
- Veritas Medical Aesthetics believe in providing comprehensive and result-driven treatments to patients, so you can be 100% sure that a treatment is right for you.
- You will receive the expertise and skills of Dr. Chua Cheng Yu and Dr. Lena Fan, who are very passionate about helping patients look their best.
- Research-proven procedures and proprietary protocols guarantee that patients’ safety and well-being at all times – from initial consultation to post-treatment recovery.
For more details about Ellansé treatment, you can reach out to Veritas Medical Aesthetics and we will be happy to answer your queries.