Female masturbation is generally quoted with the phrase “pleasuring yourself” which is a sensual practice where women play with their genitals, mainly the clitoris and vagina to get the desired orgasm. Masturbation helps females in exploring their bodies and gives self-love where they eventually get extreme pleasure. However, even after all this, there is a lot of secrecy, questions, and myths revolving around this topic which mainly ask “Does Female Masturbation Cause Hormonal Imbalance”. So, if you also want to know about its answer and other related concerns, then read the complete article with patience.
Table of Contents
Does Female Masturbation Cause Hormonal Imbalance?
Female masturbation is done with hands or sex toys which usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to reach the highest level of orgasm. Doing this practice helps most females relieve stress, get over anxiety, or have a good comfortable sleep.
Furthermore, there is no sort of hormonal imbalance that happens in a woman’s body if she masturbates. However, she may sense a few changes in her body which include increased blood flow to the genitals, extra lubrication of the vaginal walls, opening of the uterus for smoother penetration, fast heart beating rate, deep breaths, extra vaginal discharge, or so on other things that make her more sexually aroused.
Which hormone is released from the female body during masturbation?
Female masturbation may look like a sin to many individuals, but it is a sort of treat that women give to their inner self which makes them feel completely satisfied without the involvement of anyone else. Masturbation does not create any extremely negative hormonal imbalance but yes during and after the attainment of orgasm, there are a few hormones that a female body releases to make the experience more effortless and pleasurable. To know about them specifically, read the below-shared points:
- Endorphins: This is the pain-relieving hormone that helps in decreasing anxiety, external pain, stress, and more that an individual usually witnesses in a day to day life.
- Testosterone: This is the stamina-providing hormone that increases the performance, sex drive, and sexual urges of a woman.
- Dopamine: This is the happiness-giving hormone whose secretion in the body makes the individual feel more relaxed, comfortable, stress-free, fresh, and happy.
- Prolactin: This is a type of hormone that makes an individual’s mood better and also increases the immune system when it is secreted in the body during or after masturbation.
- Oxytocin: This is also known as the love hormone which excites the feeling of an individual and helps in making a connection quicker, deeper, and more easily.
Benefits of Female Masturbation
There are a lot of positive effects or advantages of masturbation that a woman can get and to know about them specifically, read the below-mentioned points:
- After doing a great masturbation a woman gets an orgasm which relaxes the muscles, relieves the stress, and calms the entire body.
- Doing masturbation once in a while increases the woman’s sexual urges and makes her want to be more involved in sexual activities to get the same pleasure.
- Masturbation also helps in making the relationship of the woman better and stronger with her partner.
- Masturbating makes the female happier and leads her to forget all her worries as she mainly starts focusing only on getting an orgasm at that time.
- Masturbation consumes energy, makes the breathing fast, and also increases the heart rate of the female which makes the muscles tired and tense which eventually results in giving her a good as well as instant sleep.
Disadvantages of Female Masturbation
Female masturbation does not just welcome good things as there are a few negative impacts of the same as well. These disadvantages can be witnessed only if the woman practices masturbation excessively or on a regular basis. To know more precisely about this concern, read the below-shared points:
- Regular masturbation can cause cramps in the genital area.
- The female may feel tired and weaker.
- Women can get addicted to masturbation and urge to do that daily.
- There can be loss of self-esteem and feelings of guilt after masturbation.
- The emotions of females who masturbate excessively are always hiked and they may also feel major mood swings.
- Regular masturbation can also lead to a bad sexual life or intercourse with the partner as the body gets used to the satisfaction that they get from masturbation.
5 Facts for Female Masturbation
A few unread and least-known facts about female masturbation are mentioned below:
- Masturbation improves and glorifies the sex life of the woman.
- Women from different age groups practice masturbation and enjoy this self-exploration.
- Female masturbation is healthy and gives self-love to the body.
- A lot of females only orgasm through masturbation and not sexual intercourse with a partner.
- Masturbation allows women and men to learn more about their sexual needs.
1. What are the mental effects of female masturbation?
Regular or excessive masturbation can make you addicted to it. Not only that but it also makes you lose your concentration due to the constant urge to do it again and again.
2. Which hormone does a female body release during or after masturbation?
Endorphins, Testosterone, Prolactin, Dopamine, and Oxytocin are a few hormones that a female body releases during masturbation which make the experience better, happier, smoother, and more pleasurable.
3. Does female masturbation cause hormonal imbalance?
No, there is no sort of hormonal imbalance that happens in a woman’s body if she masturbates. However, regular or excessive masturbation can have a few major side effects like addiction, back pain, and so on.
4. What are the benefits of female masturbation?
Some of the benefits of female masturbation are relaxation of the body, better relationship with the partner, comfortable sleep, happier feelings, and more.
5. What are the disadvantages of female masturbation?
If a female does regular or excessive masturbation then she may get constant cramps in the pelvic area, tiredness, major mood swings, bad sexual life, weakness in the body, loss of self-esteem, and so on.
6. What can be the possible causes of hormonal imbalance in females?
The possible causes behind a woman’s hormonal imbalance can be alcohol consumption, excessive sugar intake, any medications, bad diet, diabetes, any injury, or so on.
Above we shared a brief guide answering “Does Female Masturbation Cause Hormonal Imbalance” along with its other aspects like advantages, disadvantages, and more which might have given you a better understanding of the topic.
In a short and crisp line, there is no harm or hormonal imbalance usually caused in a female body after masturbation. But, yes, regularity or excessive practice of the same can lead to a few side effects. Last but not least, if you have any queries or want to know anything else then do let us know in the comment section mentioned below. Till then, thank you for reading!
Preeti Jha is a young writer who loves reading, writing, and using words in the crispiest and clearest way possible. She has 3+ years of industry experience and holds a very good command over language and representation of content. She believes in hard work and dedication when it comes to winning any milestone or getting loyal readers. From reporting and anchoring to writing and radio jockeying, she has an interest in various fields of mass communication.