The skin around your eyes is very thin and delicate, so it’s not surprising that this area is susceptible to various problems. One common issue is droopy eyelids, which can occur due to several factors.
In some cases, droopy eyelids are simply a result of aging. As you get older, the muscles and skin around your eyes weaken, causing the eyelids to sag. Droopy Eyelid Treatment in Singapore may be recommended if the drooping eyelids are impacting your self-esteem.
Other than aging, droopy eyelids can also be caused by other medical conditions, such as thyroid disease or nerve damage. In rare cases, droopy eyelids may be a sign of a more serious disorder, such as cancer.
If you’re concerned about your droopy eyelids, make an appointment with your doctor for an evaluation. If they’re caused by natural issues like aging, and they’re unappealing to you, you may benefit from a visit to a plastic surgeon clinic.
There are a number of treatments that the plastic surgeon can administer to help you fix droopy eyelid. These include:
- Surgery: In some cases, the plastic surgeon may recommend surgery to remove excess skin and fat from your eyelids. This can help to improve the appearance of droopy eyelid and make you look more alert and refreshed.
- Botox injections: Botox is a type of injectable that can help temporarily relax the muscles around your eyes. This can help to improve the appearance of droopy eyelids and give you a more youthful look.
- Dermal fillers: Dermal fillers are injected into the skin around your eyes to help plump up the area and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. This can help to improve the appearance of droopy eyelids and give you a more youthful appearance.
- Laser resurfacing: Laser resurfacing is a type of procedure that uses a laser to improve the texture and tone of the skin around your eyes. This can help reduce the appearance of droopy eyelid and give you a more youthful look.
- Eyelid tape: Eyelid tape is a type of adhesive that can be used to temporarily lift the eyelids. This can help to improve the appearance of droopy eyelids and give you a more alert and refreshed look.
- Creams and serums: There are a number of different creams and serums designed to help improve the appearance of droopy eyelids. These products can help temporarily lift the eyelids and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
If your eyelids are due to an underlying medical condition, your doctor will likely recommend treatment for that condition first. However, in some cases, they may also recommend one of the above treatments to help improve the appearance of your eyelids.
No matter what type of treatment you choose, it’s important to carefully follow your doctor’s instructions and attend all follow-up appointments. This will help to ensure the best possible outcome and help you to avoid any complications.
Table of Contents
How do I know if my Eyelids are Droopy?
Many people experience droopy eyelids at some point in their lives. In most cases, this is due to fatigue or an underlying medical condition.
However, there are a few key symptoms that can help you determine whether your eyelids are droopy. First, take a close look at your eyebrows.
If they appear to be lower than normal, it’s likely that your eyelids are droopy. Second, pay attention to how your eyes look when you are blinking.
If your eyelids close completely when you blink, it’s a good sign that they are droopy. Finally, try raising your eyebrows.
If your eyelids don’t move as well as they used to, it’s another indication that they are droopy. If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to see your doctor for an evaluation.
How much does it Cost to Fix Droopy Eyelids without Surgery
Surgery is not the only way to fix droopy eyelids. If you are not interested in surgery or cannot afford it, there are a few other options available to you.
While they may not provide a permanent solution, they can be a good option if you are looking for a non-surgical way to improve the appearance of your eyelids.
The cost of non-surgical treatments for droopy eyelids can vary depending on your treatment type.
The cost for Botox injections in Singapore typically average between $200 and $1800. Dermal fillers can cost between $600 and $800 per session.
Laser resurfacing can cost between $1,000 and $3,000 per session. Eyelid tape typically costs between $20 and $30 per box.
Creams and serums can vary widely in cost, but you can expect to spend between $50 and $200 on a good quality product. If you are considering any of these treatments, it’s important to talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits. They will be able to help you determine whether the treatment is right for you and give you an estimate of the cost.
What is the Postoperative Care for Droopy Eyelid Surgery?
After you fix droopy eyelid, it’s important to carefully follow your doctor’s instructions to ensure a successful recovery.
You will likely need to keep your head elevated for the first few days after surgery. You may also need to use ice packs and take pain medication to help reduce swelling and discomfort.
It’s also important to avoid strenuous activity and exposure to sunlight for at least four weeks after surgery. If you experience any complications, such as infection or bleeding, it’s important to see your doctor right away.
In most cases, droopy eyelid surgery is a safe and effective way to improve the appearance of your eyelids. However, like any surgery, there are a few risks involved.
These include bleeding, infection, and scarring. Talk to your doctor about these risks before having surgery.
Droopy eyelids can be caused by a number of factors, including fatigue and an underlying medical condition. If you are concerned about your appearance and want to fix droopy eyelid, it’s important to see your doctor for an evaluation.
A qualified plastic surgeon can help you fix droopy eyelids but note that you need to be a good candidate for the treatments, including the non-surgical options for the best results.
We offer a variety of non-surgical and surgical options to help improve the appearance of droopy eyelids. Our team of experienced surgeons can help you choose the best treatment for your individual needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about our services. Call: 6970 5418.
Harmony Aesthetics Clinic Singapore
101 Irrawaddy Rd, #09-01 Royal Square @ Novena, Singapore 329565
+65 6970 5418