A lot of people fall into such situations where they do not want any signature to be mentioned on their PDF and eagerly search for a genuine solution. Not only that but this signature removal situation also happens when someone unknowingly signs at the wrong place in their file and wants to correct the mistake. So, to help those individuals and answer one of the most asked questions “How to remove signature from PDF”, we prepared a full-length article sharing the best ideas and effortless methods that will make your task done like magic. Without any ado, let’s begin!
What does signature mean in a PDF?
The signatures we usually encounter in any PDF file are of two types i.e. digital and electronic. Here, the electronic signature means an image of a sign that is overlaid at the PDF’s top.
On the other hand, the digital signature is a subcategory of electronic one whose purpose is to give security to the file from any data leakage or further editing. Lastly, a signature can be added to any document or PDF in the form of text including name, date, title, and more, and after saving the file, the signature becomes a part of the file.
How to remove signature from PDF?
Below are the three most effortless yet quickest ways to remove a signature from your PDF which are very easy to follow even for those individuals who are not tech-savvy. So, without any delay, let’s dive in!
1. Using signNow
If you do not want to install any software in your system and wish to remove, edit, or re-do the signature on your PDF file then signNow is the option you must choose. To know how it works, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, log in to the signNow site.
- Once done, click on the “Start Uploading Documents Now” and choose the PDF file on which you want to edit the signature.
- When the file is uploaded on the site, open it, and click on the signature you want to eliminate from the PDF.
- Clicking on the signature will give you multiple options to choose from. So, you just simply click on the delete icon denoted with “X” and your signature will vanish within a second.
- Once done, click on the “Save and Close” option which is available on top and you are done with removing the signature from the PDF.
2. Using Adobe Acrobat (Mac Users)
If you are a Mac user and want to remove any signature from your PDF file with one of the most reliable software and in the quickest way, then Adobe Acrobat is the section made for you particularly. To know how you can do this, read the below shared simple steps:
- First of all, open the Adobe Acrobat software on your Mac system and click on the option named “File” which is available on the top of the screen.
- Now, from a long drop-down menu, all you have to do is click on the “Open” option to open the PDF file on which you want to edit or remove the sign.
- Once done, search for the signature that you want to eliminate and then press “Control + Click” on the editing field.
- After this, all you need to do is click on the “Clear signature” option which will pop up in the menu there.
- Finally, just save the PDF in your system and you are done with your task.
3. Using EaseUS PDF Editor (Windows Users)
From editing text and removing signatures to converting the PDF to doc, a Windows user with this software can do anything effortlessly in just a few clicks. To know how it is possible, read the below-shared steps!
- First of all, login with EaseUS PDF Editor.
- Once done, you will witness tons of options there and you just need to click on the “Tools” option.
- After that, click on the “Signature” option and then import your PDF file there to do the editing with the signature section.
- Now, you will get a toolbar loaded with various options. From there, select the type of signature you want to vanish or work on which includes “Handwriting signature”, “Digital signature”, and more.
- Once done with the changes, all you have to do is click on the “File” option and choose “Save as” from there. This is how you can remove a signature from a PDF.
1. How to remove signature from PDF?
There are multiple ways through which you can eliminate, edit, or re-do any signature in a PDF file. In this case, Adobe Acrobat, SignNow, and EaseUS PDF Editor are the most reliable software.
2. What are the types of signatures in a PDF?
There are basically two types of signatures i.e. digital and electronic. The electronic signature is an image of a sign that is overlaid at the PDF’s top and the digital signature is the one whose purpose is to give security to the file.
3. In which form I can add a signature in my PDF file?
A signature can be added to any document or PDF in the form of text including name, date, title, and more, and after saving the file, the signature becomes a part of the file. However, you can change it or edit it as per your wishes.
Above we shared a brief guide answering “How to remove signature from PDF” which might have helped you in making the desired changes. The best part is that the above shared platforms are not just limited to making changes in the section of signature but you can also do any other editing you want which mainly includes text, password, image, file type, and more.
Lastly, the software about which we talked above is very reliable and professional which means your files are in safe hands. Now, if you have any other queries or want us to assist you more in this matter then connect with us through the comment box. Till then, thank you for reading!
Preeti Jha is a young writer who loves reading, writing, and using words in the crispiest and clearest way possible. She has 3+ years of industry experience and holds a very good command over language and representation of content. She believes in hard work and dedication when it comes to winning any milestone or getting loyal readers. From reporting and anchoring to writing and radio jockeying, she has an interest in various fields of mass communication.